X Utility Prototype Iron
新デザイン｢キャロウェイ X ユーティリティ アイアン」のデザインは一見して低・深重心モデルだと認識できます。
ロジャー・クリーブランド設計！珍しいですね〜 目的は硬いグリーン対策！？メジャー大会などの硬いグリーンではプロといえども困難の連続です！そのため、より高弾道で上からグリーンへ落とさないと弾き出されてしまいますね。こんな場面で、風に負けない力強い高弾道でショットできる！キャロウェイ X ユーティリティ アイアン 期待できますね〜！！
The new Callaway X Utility Prototype Irons are made with a hollow forged construction and a high-strength steel face that produces high ball speeds. Available in three different lofts ―18°, 21° and 24°― these forged Utility irons also feature a shallow face height (from sole to top line) with a deep center of gravity and a very appealing, strong sound at impact.
Crafted by Roger Cleveland
Callaway Chief Designer Roger Cleveland crafted these technical irons for tour pros who wanted to hit shots with higher launch angles and take on windy conditions. Cleveland has said that he wanted to develop a three-loft concept with a new design that was shallower, had a deeper CG, and that created a higher launch angle which is difficult to achieve in longer irons.
After Being Introduced In May, They Quickly Became A Popular Choice On Tour
The X Utility Prototype Irons were first introduced in May at the HP Byron Nelson Championship, where they immediately went into the bags of Callaway staffers like Ernie Els, Phil Mickelson, Kelly Kraft and Danny Lee. These clubs have continued to have great success on the PGA Tour, spurring Callaway to win the utility iron count at the Open Championship.
Els Wins Open Championship With Three X Utility Irons In His Bag
On the Wednesday before the Open Championship, Roger flattened the lie angle of all three of Els’ utility irons by half a degree. The late tweaks paid huge dividends for Ernie, who led the field in greens in regulation and shot a 4-under 32 over his final nine holes to win his second Claret Jug.
• Inspired by a prototype hybrid that Phil Mickelson played, Callaway Chief Designer Roger Cleveland relieved the heel and toe of these utility irons so that they move through grass easier and penetrate tougher lies in the rough
• Features more weight at the bottom and a deep center of gravity to help create higher launch angles
Forged For Performance
• Forged construction is designed for excellent feel along with a High-Strength Maraging Steel face to produce fast ball speeds
• More options from a variety of lies
Trusted By The Best Players In The World
• Callaway X Utility Prototype Irons have already become a popular choice on the PGA Tour, where players like Phil Mickelson, Colt Knost, Kelly Kraft and Ernie Els are using them in competition
• At the 2012 Open Championship, Els used three of these utility irons to win his second Claret Jug and fourth career major
商品番号:CAL0803 商品名:Callaway X Utility Prototype Irons
Products Code:CAL0803 Products Name:Callaway X Utility Prototype Irons